Antonio Montero Named Minnesota’s 2017 Mr. Football
Eden Prairie High School senior Antonio Montero has been named Minnesota’s 2017 Mr. Football by the Minnesota Football Coaches Association (MFCA).
According to a MFCA press release, Montero was announced as the winner during the annual banquet on Dec. 10, and Montero is the 14th player to receive the award—and the third player from Eden Prairie.
Montero is a jack of all positions, making appearances as linebacker, running back, place kicker and punter during his prep career.
According to the release, some of Montero’s other impressive accomplishments include:
- 2017 Star Tribune Metro Player of the Year
- 2017 Star Tribune All-Metro First Team selection
- Career defense: 219 total tackles, 27 tackles for loss and 3 interceptions
- Senior year defense: 105 total tackles, 14 tackles for loss, three fumble recoveries, two interceptions
- Senior year rushing: rushed for 24 touchdowns on just 107 carries
- Senior year points scored: 214 points scored on 24 touchdowns, 52 extra points and six field goals
- Star Tribune Names Eden Prairie Football’s Antonio Montero ‘Metro Player of the Year’
- Eden Prairie Liquor Customers Give Back to Local Food Shelf
- Three Eden Prairie Companies Receive Minnesota Tekne Awards
- Pizza Luce to Open Eden Prairie Location
- Eden Prairie Development Receives $750K in Met Council Funding
This local update courtesy of your Eden Prairie Community Expert.