Community Files: Eden Prairie’s Snow Ordinance
Did you know that Eden Prairie has a snow ordinance?
Here are the details of the ordinance, according to the city release:
“City ordinance requires businesses and homeowners on non-arterial streets to remove snow and ice from a 5-foot width of the public sidewalks or trails abutting or adjoining their properties, with the exception of any trails running between or behind homes or private property.
“City ordinance also requires residential sidewalks and trails to be cleared of snow and ice within 24 hours after the cessation of precipitation, and requires businesses to clear sidewalks and trails within 8 hours after the cessation of precipitation …
“Residents are also asked to assist emergency officials and postal carriers by removing snow around fire hydrants and mailboxes.”
For questions, call the city’s Streets Maintenance Division at 952-949-8533.
- Eden Prairie Ranks 22nd on Apartment List’s ‘100 Best Cities for Young Families’
- Eden Prairie Schools to Expand Mosaic Program for Gifted Students
- Minnesota Vikings Sign Eden Prairie Native Carter Bykowski
- Home Inventory Levels Up / Closed Sales Down in Eden Prairie
- Smart Landscaping Means Lower Energy Costs, Higher Home Value
This local update courtesy of your Eden Prairie Community Expert.