Eden Prairie-Based Medical Device Company Gets $65 Million to Test Diabetes Treatment
An Eden Prairie-based medical device company, and a diabetes treatment it’s testing, has received $65 million from one of the world’s largest venture capital firms.
According the the Star Tribune, Eden Prairie-based Metavention, a medical device company that’s designing a machine to treat type 2 diabetes by burning away nerves thought to drive glucose dysfunction, has received a $65 million investment from New Enterprise Associates, a California-based venture capital firm.
In conjunction, Metavention also announced that it has hired med-tech startup executive Todd Berg to become its chief executive, the report said.
- Eden Prairie Pom Squad Begins Competitive Season
- Project for New Scheels Store Takes Another Step Forward
- Antonio Montero Named Minnesota’s 2017 Mr. Football
- Star Tribune Names Eden Prairie Football’s Antonio Montero ‘Metro Player of the Year’
- Eden Prairie Liquor Customers Give Back to Local Food Shelf
This local update courtesy of your Eden Prairie Community Expert.