Eden Prairie Close to Meeting Energy-Efficiency Goals
The City of Eden Prairie is on its way to making its energy efficiency goals it set back in 2006.
According to a press release, almost nine years ago the city kicked off the “20-40-15” initiative, which calls for the city to improve energy efficiency in all of its facilities by 20 percent, increase the fuel efficiency of its vehicle fleet by 40 percent, and accomplish these goals by the year 2015. And the city is on its way to meet those goals.
“As 2015 draws closer, the City is poised to meet and possibly exceed its goals,” the release said. “While there are still several projects planned or underway, the City’s facilities are now 18 percent more energy efficient and a 36-percent increase in fuel efficiency has been achieved for the vehicle fleet.”
To learn more about Eden Prairie’s 20-40-15 initiative, go to edenprairie.org/20-40-15.
- New DSW Store Opens in Eden Prairie
- Home Inventory Levels Up / Closed Sales Down in Eden Prairie
- Smart Landscaping Means Lower Energy Costs, Higher Home Value
- Safe Choice Security Names Eden Prairie to Safest MN Cities List
- Eden Prairie’s International School Opens Residence Hall
This local update courtesy of your Eden Prairie Community Expert.