Eden Prairie High School Students Earn State’s AP Scholar Awards
Two Eden Prairie High School seniors have earned both of the state’s AP scholar awards.
According to a school district press release, seniors Nibir Sarma and Amy Wang have been named Minnesota’s 2017 State AP Scholars, which names just two award recipients each year.
The State AP Award is granted to the one male and one female student in each U.S. state and the District of Columbia with scores of three or higher on the greatest number of AP exams, and then the highest average score on all AP exams taken, the article said.
In 2017, 837 Eden Prairie students reportedly took a total of 1,745 AP exams, and 82.9 percent of students received scores of three or higher, outpacing the state (66 percent) and global (60 percent) numbers.
- Two Eden Prairie Students Advance to Minnesota Sings Competition
- Eden Prairie Colors Marching Band Festival Set for Sept. 9
- Geek Squad Academy in Eden Prairie Brings Kids and Technology Together
- Eden Prairie Students Exceed State Averages on Assessment Tests
- Cedar Ridge Elementary in Eden Prairie Gets Familiar Face as Interim Principal
This local update courtesy of your Eden Prairie Community Expert.