Eden Prairie Mayor Joins Group of 180 Mayors Nationwide to Support Solar Energy
Eden Prairie Mayor Nancy Tyra-Lukens is officially a supporter of solar energy.
According to the Eden Prairie News, Tyra-Lukens has joined a bipartisan group of 180 United States mayors from 42 states in declaring their support solar energy.
She is one of a few other Minnesota mayors included in a letter released by Environment Minnesota saying: “Mayors resolve to make solar power a key element of their communities’ energy plans and call on others to embrace clean energy from the sun,” according to the report.
Other Minnesota mayors in the letter include Peter Lindstrom of Falcon Heights, Shep Harris of Golden Valley, Nora Slawik of Maplewood, and Jacob Frey of Minneapolis, and the full list of mayors can be viewed here.
- New Principal for Eden Prairie High School Chosen
- Foundation for Eden Prairie Schools Unveils 2018 Legacy Award Winners
- Eden Prairie Police Department Has New Deputy Chief
- 20 Eden Prairie Seniors Participate in National Signing Day
- Local Author Donating Portion of Book Sales to Eden Prairie’s Secondhand Hounds
This local update courtesy of your Eden Prairie Community Expert.