Eden Prairie, Minnesota Activities and Events
When you live in Eden Prairie, Minnesota one thing you never have to worry about is finding something to keep you busy. Throughout the year, especially during the summer months, there are a variety of activities and events taking place in and around the city.
For the month of June 2013, there are five events you don’t want to pass by;
1. Star Watch Astronomy: Bootes. 9:30 PM, June 7, 2013 at the Staring Lake Observatory. For only $7, you can view Bootes, the constellation of the month as selected by the observatory. If it is a clear night, the roof will be open and the telescope will be pointed towards the sky.
2. Jazz on the Prairie Big Band Concert. 7:30 PM, June 13, 2013 at Lake Harriet Bandshell. Want to take in some live music for free? This is an event you are sure to enjoy. Best yet, it is outdoors so you can enjoy the tunes and the nice weather.
3. Nature Rocks! Outdoor Center Open House. 6:00 PM, June 14, 2013 at the Outdoor Center. This event takes place on the second Friday of each month, and offers free family activities ranging from hiking to live animal exhibitions and much more.
4. KidStock: Bob the Beachcomber. 10:30 AM, June 25, 2013 at the Staring Lake Amphitheatre. Bring your kids to the park for a couple hours of music, on stage fun, story time and other exciting activities. Best yet, it is free.
5. Senior Center Garden Party. 2:00 PM, June 27, 2013 at the Senior Center Gardens. This free event for seniors will be spent enjoying the beautiful gardens, listening to music, and mingling with others. The free ice cream and brownies make this event even more enjoyable.
These are just a few of the more exciting activities and events taking place in Eden Prairie, Minnesota during the month of June. For a more comprehensive listing, visit the official City of Eden Prairie website.