Eden Prairie Pom Squad Begins Competitive Season
While the Eden Prairie pom squad’s season literally kicked off in July, it’s competitive season is just getting started.
According to Eden Prairie News, the 13-member team trains in pom, jazz, and hip-hop categories, and is working up to its pinnacle performance of the season at the UDA National Dance Team Championships at Disney World ESPN in Orlando, FL in February.
“This season, I will use my knowledge to promote an atmosphere of teamwork, discipline, mutual respect, responsibility and character,” Head Coach Chelsea Tjornhom told the newspaper. “When character development is the foundation, athletes get the most out of their athletic experience and become the best versions of themselves. The team has set incredible goals for this season. First and foremost is winning. But winning goes beyond placement; winning, to this team, means knowing you could not have done any better.”
The team will hold a Nationals send-off performance on Jan. 27, 2018.
- Project for New Scheels Store Takes Another Step Forward
- Antonio Montero Named Minnesota’s 2017 Mr. Football
- Star Tribune Names Eden Prairie Football’s Antonio Montero ‘Metro Player of the Year’
- Eden Prairie Liquor Customers Give Back to Local Food Shelf
- Three Eden Prairie Companies Receive Minnesota Tekne Awards
This local update courtesy of your Eden Prairie Community Expert.