Flashback: Eden Prairie Plays Host to Hot-Air Balloon Races in 1979
Back on July 19, 1979 Eden Prairie skies were reportedly hot-air balloon friendly, as the city hosted “Minnesota’s largest hot-air balloon race.”
According to Eden Prairie News, a look through the paper’s archives revealed the big event was part of the Aquatennial Art and Air Fair at Eden Prairie Center.
“The hot air balloon races will highlight the entire event,” the story from 1979 reportedly said. “About 23 balloonists will launch from the northeast corner of the center’s parking lot.
We haven’t been able to determine if one of our RE/MAX hot air balloons participated in the races back then. Today we keep two of our corporate fleet of 90+ worldwide here in the Twin Cities.
Other events included an art and craft fair, as well as live entertainment.
- EP Robotics Team Pushes STEM in Washington D.C.
- Eden Prairie Gets Recognition for Sustainability Efforts
- Selling Your Eden Prairie Home – Little Things Can Be a Big Deal!
- Eden Prairie’s SouthWest Transit Plans for the Future
- The Meadows at Riley Creek Offers the Finest Living