Hennepin County Hires Alex Tittle to Reduce Racial and Other Disparities
Hennepin County, which is home to Eden Prairie, has hired a new disparity reduction director who will help the county address gaps between white people and people of color.
According to the Star Tribune, Hennepin County has hired Alex Tittle to serve as its first disparity reduction director to help address and lead disparity reduction efforts within seven areas: education, employment, income, justice, transportation, health and housing.
The Hennepin County Board has been addressing disparity issues for some time, but national studies still give the county low rankings in areas of disparities, the report said.
“When you reduce something, another thing pops up,” Tittle told the newspaper. “I’m not only optimistic about reducing the disparity, I expect success.”
- Stephanie Baker Chosen as Cedar Ridge Associate Principal
- Niche Ranks Eden Prairie No. 1 on ‘Best Places to Raise a Family’ in MN List
- Eden Prairie Parks and Recreation Department Earns State Awards
- Three Eden Prairie Seniors Named National Merit Scholars
- Crystalyn Hengler Receives Athena Award
This local update courtesy of your Eden Prairie Community Expert.