Hennepin County’s Election Protection the Envy of Local and National Counties
The Hennepin County Board learned some good news during a briefing last month that described the county’s election system — which Eden Prairie is a part of — as one of the nation’s best, and one that counties across the state and around the nation are looking to emulate.
According to the Star Tribune, one thing that sets the Hennepin County apart is that it’s the only county in the state to have had a cyber resilience review and vulnerability test by a team from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, and every piece of election equipment is tested all the way through the election process.
The reason for the beefed up election system: Hennepin County recorded its highest voter registration in 2016 while Minnesota was also one of 21 states where Russian hackers targeted elections, the report said.
Hennepin is one of nine Minnesota counties that have a full-time elections manager, the report said, which also helps increase security, and offer transparency.
- Road Work on Highway 62 Has Begun
- Eden Prairie City Employees Help Carry Special Olympics Minnesota Torch
- Hennepin County Hires Alex Tittle to Reduce Racial and Other Disparities
- Stephanie Baker Chosen as Cedar Ridge Associate Principal
- Niche Ranks Eden Prairie No. 1 on ‘Best Places to Raise a Family’ in MN List
This local update courtesy of your Eden Prairie Community Expert.