Minnesota Vikings Sign Eden Prairie Native Carter Bykowski
After spending almost two years on the San Francisco 49ers practice squad, Eden Prairie native Carter Bykowski has been signed to the Minnesota Vikings active roster giving him not only a chance to play but also bringing him back home.
According to the Pioneer Press, Bykowski was a tight end at Eden Prairie High School and went on to Iowa State where he moved to tackle his sophomore year.
“My agent called me on Monday afternoon,” Bykowski reportedly said. “I was like, ‘Yeah, I’m ready. Let’s go home.'”
The need for the Vikings to add some depth to its offensive line comes after losing Brandon Fusco and Phil Loadholt for the season, and the possibility of losing Charlie Johnson for this week’s upcoming game against Detriot.
- Eden Prairie Fourth Graders Hold ‘Wax Museum’ Exhibit
- City of Eden Prairie Receives 2014 Workplace Well-Being Award
- Eden Prairie High’s Eagle Band Finished in Top 10 at BOA
- Home Inventory Levels Up / Closed Sales Down in Eden Prairie
- Flashback: Eden Prairie Plays Host to Hot-Air Balloon Races in 1979
This local update courtesy of your Eden Prairie Community Expert.