Project for New Scheels Store Takes Another Step Forward
A Scheels project that would redevelop the former Sears space at Eden Prairie Center took another step forward last week.
According to Eden Prairie News, following a public hearing, the Eden Prairie City Council approved the first reading of the project, directed staff to prepare a development agreement, and authorized staff to issue an early land-alteration permit for Scheels.
“I think the whole thing looks outstanding, and I’m really pleased with how the outside landscaping looks and with the materials that are used on the building,” Mayor Nancy Tyra-Lukens reportedly said. “Personally, I feel it’s going to be a huge draw to the mall.”
The existing Scheels store opened at the mall in 2006 and the new store, if approved, will be a flagship location boasting roughly 248,000 square feet of space.
If all the needed approvals happen, developers anticipate demolition to begin in February, with the new store opening in September 2019.
- Antonio Montero Named Minnesota’s 2017 Mr. Football
- Star Tribune Names Eden Prairie Football’s Antonio Montero ‘Metro Player of the Year’
- Eden Prairie Liquor Customers Give Back to Local Food Shelf
- Three Eden Prairie Companies Receive Minnesota Tekne Awards
- Pizza Luce to Open Eden Prairie Location
This local update courtesy of your Eden Prairie Community Expert.