Two Eden Prairie Educators Named 2018 Minnesota Teacher of the Year Candidates
Daniel DeMarce and Tara Jones, both teachers within the Eden Prairie Public Schools district, are among the 167 candidates in the running for the 2018 Minnesota Teacher of the Year Award from Education Minnesota.
According to Education Minnesota’s release, these educators are among an incredible field of candidates. In fact, the number of candidates named this was a near-record this year. The award has been around for 54 years, and this year has the most candidates since 1981.
DeMarce, Jones and other candidates have all accepted their nominations, and have completed the necessary materials to be eligible for the honor. Now, a 25-member panel will narrow the candidates to semi-finalists and then finalists in the coming months, with the winner being announced at an annual banquet on May 6 at the Radisson Blu at Mall of America in Bloomington, MN.
- Eden Prairie Library to Host Meeting to Discuss Renovations
- Eden Prairie-Based Medical Device Company Gets $65 Million to Test Diabetes Treatment
- Eden Prairie Pom Squad Begins Competitive Season
- Project for New Scheels Store Takes Another Step Forward
- Antonio Montero Named Minnesota’s 2017 Mr. Football
This local update courtesy of your Eden Prairie Community Expert.